We will be closed July 19th-22nd.
Interested in Adopting a Fluffy Dog?
Please read this in its entirety before submitting an application.
Everything you need to know to adopt will be found on this site.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page, as most questions can be answered there.
Email us at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
(We do not make exceptions)
* You must be 24 years of age or older to adopt.
* You must be a resident of WI, IL or MN (Twin Cities) to adopt.
* All family members must be six years of age, or older to adopt.
* We require obedience classes be taken by all our adopters.
There is a $50 training deposit required at adoption.
Once you send confirmation that classes have been completed, you will be sent your refund.
* In order for us to adopt out a dog to be used for emotional support we need the name and number of the trainer you will be working with for this specific training. We do not adopt out dogs for service dog work.
What do I need to do to start the process?
1. Submit an application which can be found below. Please don't apply at multiple rescues. That doesn't help anyone. Select a rescue and see things through with them before going to another. Also, when you apply, we take your application seriously. It will be processed immediately during our business hours. Please also be respectful of our time and only apply if you are sure this is the direction you would like to go.
2. After we review the application we will send you an Introductory email with our Adoption Letter and Contract attached. These files are also below. Please read through them before applying.
3. We will do an initial reference check with your current and/or past veterinarian to ensure your current or past pets have been spayed/neutered, have a history of rabies and distemper vaccines, heartworm tests and have been given heartworm preventative.
4. You will be asked to pay our $30 application fee through the donation button on our Donations page. This fee is applied to the adoption fee, and is good on any dog that is adopted within a year from payment.
5. We will schedule a home visit at your home. All members of the family need to be present during the meeting. We will not bring the dog that is up for adoption. The purpose of this home visit is to discuss your needs and expectations, and also the needs of a dog in general. We will educate you on the proper care and training of your dog and answer any questions you may have. Our volunteers are local volunteers in your area. They will not know the particulars of the dog you are interested in. That happens in the next step.
6. If all of the above goes well, we will put you in touch with the dog's foster parent so you may set a time to meet your Fluffy Dog. You are welcome to bring your dog or dogs to this meeting. If you don't believe the dog is a good match for you, you are not required to adopt.
What vetting will my adoptive dog have? Please click on the Adoption Letter Link.
Please review the adoption contract below. Every adopter must agree to our contract.
We are a private rescue and don't have a phone number or facility.
Your email message will receive immediate attention.
Our dogs are coming from southern kill shelters. In most cases they are strays, and if surrendered, no name or information was left. We don't know their "stories", where they came from, or background health history.
Their new lives start when we take possession of them.
Please know that we are an adoption, and not a sales agency.
This means that we reserve the right to ask questions of our adopters, and approve them based on the information provided to make the best lifelong matches for our dogs.
Fluffy Dog Rescue makes a substantial effort to assure that adoptable animals are in good health. It is possible, however, that undetectable illnesses or conditions may be present or incubating at the time of adoption. Therefore, we do not make any guarantee as to age, behavior, breed, health, temperament or ultimate size of any animal.
Only apply at this time if:
* You have discussed this adoption with all family members.
* You are ready to take a dog home in 7 days from completing the application below.
Your application will be bumped if you do not comply with this policy. We have others that are ready to adopt.
This allows us to save more lives. Please respect our policies.
* You see a dog on our site that you want to adopt.
* You have been living in your home for a month and don't plan to move within a month.
* If you are available for a home visit, keeping in mind the seven day policy, and you don't have a vacation planned for the next month. Your new dog needs you there to help with this big transition.
Please take the time to complete the application properly the first time,
or we will not be able to process it. Please read carefully.
We process complete applications ahead of incomplete ones, so take your time.
Once you submit the application, please contact your vet to release your pet's records.
*****The application will not submit if all the starred fields are not completed.
Once you click submit, and the page becomes white, scroll up and you will see the
Thank you for your application message confirming receipt.*****
WI State License #270548
Before clicking submit please review the information above for accuracy.